Friday, December 6, 2019

Does Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser Live Up To The Hype?

liz earle cleanse and polish hot cloth cleanser review

If I had to use only one cleanser for the rest of my life, I’d go with Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. No doubt about it.

I know, you didn’t expect that. If you’ve been around for a while, you know I often say it doesn’t matter much what cleanser you use. Any cleanser that leaves your skin clean but not tight will do. 

I still believe that. In the past, I’ve been super fickle with cleansers and used whatever was cheap without problems. But since meeting Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser, I don’t stray as often. And when I do, I always come back to it in the end. There’s something about it my skin just can’t get enough of.

Maybe it’s the super emollient formula. Maybe it’s the addition of a muslin cloth that exfoliates my skin while cleansing, saving me time in the morning. What I know is that after every use, my skin feels super soft and clean. Here’s what makes the magic happen:

Key Ingredients In Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser

Emulsifiers

A quick look at the ingredient list reveals something unusual: there are no detergents here. How the heck can it cleanse skin without detergents?!

Emulsifiers.

Ingredients like Cetearyl alcohol, Cetyl esters, Sorbitan stearate, Polysorbate 60 aren’t sexy or popular but they’re what makes this cleanser work.

Emulsifiers bind oil and water together. This means they can remove both water-soluble and oil-soluble grime, such as dirt and makeup. Plus, they moisturise skin to boot. Win win.

Cocoa Seed Butter

Derived from the roasted seeds of the cocoa tree, cocoa seed butter is  super moisturising. This rich and creamy butter is loaded with fatty acids, a group of substances that make up the skin’s protective barrier. They make skin soft and smooth and bring even the driest of skin types back to health again.

In a cleanser, cocoa butter makes sure skin doesn’t come out worse for wear from the cleansing process. While some cleansers can leave your skin feeling tight, cocoa seed butter keeps it soft and smooth. Plus, it’s loaded with polyphenols, antioxidants that keep wrinkles at bay.

Eucalyptus & Rosemary Oil

I have to mention the “baddies” in the formula. Eucalyptus leaf oil and rosemary oil are proof that not all essential oils are good for you.

Eucalyptus makes your lotions and potions smell good while rosemary has antioxidant properties BUT both have fragrant compounds that can irritate sensitive skin.

My skin isn’t sensitive so I can use the cleanser without problems. Phew! But skincare guru Caroline Hirons points out this combination turns her skin into a red and burning mess.

I’m sure most people can use this cleanser fine but if your skin is sensitive, you may want to skip this.

Related: Natural Ingredients That Can Irritate Sensitive Skin

Let’s Put It To The Test: Personal Use & Opinion

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser has a thick, rich and creamy consistency – it feels more like a moisturiser than a cleanser.

I start by massaging a pump all over my skin. Then, I dampen one of the washcloths that comes with the cleanser and wipe my face clean with it. As the cleanser quickly  removes all traces of dirt and makeup (even waterproof mascara!), the washcloth gently exfoliate skin, getting rid of old dead cells, too.

I have to admit I was a bit sceptical at first. I wasn’t sure a cleanser this moistuirizing could do such a throughout cleansing job but it does. I’m so glad I was proven wrong!

I’ve been using it daily for a month now and my skin feels so soft. Unlike most cleansers out there, it doesn’t strip the skin of the moisturising oils it needs or compromises its protective barrier. On the contrary, it keeps everything smooth and healthy.

I especially love to use it in winter when my skin gets a little drier than usual (thanks harsh weather!). Rather than aggravate the problem, this cleanser gently takes care of my skin, leaving it both clean and soft.

The catch? You really need to be religious about washing that washcloth. Wet washcloths are a breeding ground for bacteria. If you wipe your face with a washcloth that’s even slightly damp, you may get an infection or something nasty.

That’s not Liz Earle’s fault. All washcloths require a little bit of extra care. If you’re too lazy to wash your washcloth after every use and wait for it to fully dry (I am sometimes šŸ˜‰ ), you can use the cleanser without it. It’ll still do the cleansing job well. But, unless you use a separate exfoliant, you can say goodbye to the cleanser’s exfoliating benefits.

When I don’t use the washcloth, my skin isn’t as bright as when I do. This subtle glow is the result of exfoliation. The cleanser alone can’t give it to you.

Available at: 100ml pump starter kit, £16.00; 100ml pump (no washcloths), £14.50; 30ml tube + 1 muslin cloth, £6.50 at Liz Earle and Feel Unique

SHOP THE POST

Ingredients: Aqua (water), Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, Cetearyl alcohol, Cetyl esters, Cera alba (beeswax), Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan stearate, Eucalyptus globulus leaf oil, Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, Humulus lupulus (hops) extract, Chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, Propylene glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Benzoic acid, Dehydroacetic acid, Sorbitol, Limonene, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyaminopropyl biguanide, Citric acid, Sodium hydroxide.

Disclosure: this item was sent by PR for consideration. For more information, please see my disclaimer.

Take The Guesswork Out Of Skincare Shopping

Screenshot from 2017 04 30 11 51 35

Get access to the “Pro Skincare Library” for exclusive skincare routine “cheat sheets” and tricks to help you navigate the beauty aisles jungle like a pro and immediately know what to pick off the shelves to achieve the gorgeous skin of your dreams - even when you’re drowning in an endless sea of skincare products.


Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription and get access to the skin library.



Does Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser Live Up To The Hype? syndicated from Beautiful With Brains
December 6, 2019 at 05:48AM

No comments:

Post a Comment